The Kavli Institute for Cosmological Physics (KICP) at the University of Chicago recognizes the value of diversity in all of its activities and for the larger scientific enterprise. The KICP strives to provide an environment that encourages the richer exchange of ideas that a diverse group of members enables. The KICP strives to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment to all: undergraduate and graduate students, postdocs, senior researchers, faculty, short- and long-term visitors, and staff.
The KICP adheres to the University of Chicago's policies and procedures for dealing with harassment, discrimination and sexual misconduct. These policies apply to all members of the University community as well as to KICP visitors. To report an incident of Harassment, Discrimination, or Sexual Misconduct, go to the Get Help link.
The KICP also embraces and adheres to the University's policy on Freedom of Expression and has a set of KICP Community Values.
- University Policy on Harassment, Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct
- Get Help
- University's policy on Freedom of Expression
- KICP Community Values
- KICP Ombudspersons
The Kavli Institute for Cosmological Physics (KICP) recognizes the value of diversity, respect and the free exchange of ideas in the scientific enterprise. We also recognize our shared responsibility in upholding these values which benefit the entire KICP community - KICP members, staff and visitors. Specifically, we are committed to:
- Scientific integrity: We aspire to the highest professional and ethical standards of conduct in our research, management of that research, and communications about our research.
- Respectful interactions: We respect the broad spectrum of views that are essential for scientific research. Each individual's contributions will be treated with civility and we strive to create the kind of collegial environment that promotes excellent science.
- Welcoming climate: We strive to create an environment in which all members of the KICP community feel comfortable, protected from harassment and free of inappropriate behavior.
- Diversity & inclusion: We strive for an inclusive environment that embraces the differences inherent in a diverse community. Diversity includes race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, age, cultural background, nationality, military status, financial status, discipline or field, and career experience.
Anyone who has concerns about behavior inconsistent with our community values may contact one of the two KICP Ombudspersons, whose roles include providing advice on possible courses of action and, if appropriate, making a recommendation for action to the KICP Director.
Nothing in this statement of values should be construed as conflicting with UChicago's policies and procedures for dealing with harassment, discrimination and sexual misconduct. These policies and procedures apply to all members of the KICP community.
The KICP Ombudspersons (contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org) are available to provide private and independent advice for anyone in the KICP community, which includes KICP members, staff and visitors. The Ombudspersons assist in identifying options for dealing with violations of the KICP Community Values. The KICP Ombudspersons report only to the KICP Director. The Ombudspersons are also familiar with UChicago's policies and procedures on harassment, discrimination and sexual misconduct and can provide assistance in identifying appropriate UChicago resources.
KICP Ombudspersons contact email: email@example.com.